[concurrency-interest] Question: Concurrent Memoizer pattern with SoftHashMap

Tim Peierls tim at peierls.net
Wed Nov 21 14:30:37 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 2:16 PM, Kwok, Grace (MSCIBARRA) <Grace.Kwok at mscibarra.com>
wrote:

> Thanks all for the feedbacks.
>
> 1) I went to the GUICE javadoc but do not see a ReferenceCache class
> there.
> http://google-guice.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/javadoc/index.html

ReferenceCache and AbstractReferenceCache are internal classes to Guice, but
the source is available and only lightly coupled to the rest of Guice. The
maintainers said they intend to release these classes separately, but I
don't think it has happened yet.

<http://google-guice.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/javadoc/index.html>I do see a
> ReferenceMap class in the collections package.

You could build a Memoizer from that.

> 2) Are the the google collections and guice library both in Alpha version?

No, only one of them is alpha, Google Collections (0.5). Guice is 1.0.

--tim