[concurrency-interest] Question: Concurrent Memoizer pattern with SoftHashMap

kevin bourrillion kevinb at google.com
Wed Nov 21 15:06:00 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 11:30 AM, Tim Peierls <tim at peierls.net> wrote:

ReferenceCache and AbstractReferenceCache are internal classes to Guice, but
> the source is available and only lightly coupled to the rest of Guice. The
> maintainers said they intend to release these classes separately, but I
> don't think it has happened yet.

I'd like to encourage everyone to ignore those. :-)  They're based on a very
old version of ReferenceMap, and we are busily working on making sure that
the Google Collections Library contains the equivalent functionality.

2) Are the the google collections and guice library both in Alpha version?

> No, only one of them is alpha, Google Collections (0.5). Guice is 1.0.

Right.

We call Google Collections "alpha" because we do not have API freeze yet and
there are some big TODO's like serialization.

--
Kevin Bourrillion @ Google
go/javalibraries