[concurrency-interest] ExecutorsTest JUnit test failure...What am I doing wrong?

Tim Halloran hallorant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:43:40 EDT 2008

I'm trying to work with the code at
:pserver:anonymous at gee.cs.oswego.edu:/export/home/jsr166/jsr166
under HEAD and I'm running into a test failure

    [junit] java version "1.6.0_05"
    [junit] Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
    [junit] Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)
    [junit] Running ExecutorsTest
    [junit] Tests run: 32, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.851 sec
    [junit] Test ExecutorsTest FAILED

With the specific failure reported in XML as

<testcase classname="ExecutorsTest"
name="testCreatePrivilegedCallableUsingCCLWithNoPrivs" time="0.0050">
  <failure message="Should throw exception"
type="junit.framework.AssertionFailedError">junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Should throw exception
  at JSR166TestCase.shouldThrow(JSR166TestCase.java:329)
  at
ExecutorsTest.testCreatePrivilegedCallableUsingCCLWithNoPrivs(ExecutorsTest.java:466)
  </failure>
</testcase>

Strangely, I only get this failure when running the ant 'test' task.  When I
run the specific test case within Eclipse, the test passes.  Both ways of
execution are using the same JRE, however, the compilers are different.

I hope I'm doing something silly, please let me know if I am.

Best Regards,
Tim