[concurrency-interest] ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor and shutdown permission check.

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Tue Apr 29 13:29:46 EDT 2008

I have a STPE that I use in an applet.  At applet shutdown, I'd like to shutdown
the executor, but alas it requests a Permission check for a RuntimePermission
that I don't have in an unsigned applet.  It seems kind of silly to demand this
permission when no other thread management permission exist in the JDK for
applets.  Am I missing something in consideration of this issue?

Gregg Wonderly