[concurrency-interest] FJ usage question: Mutable procedures

David J. Biesack David.Biesack at sas.com
Tue Aug 26 10:53:38 EDT 2008

Thanks, a raw RecursiveAction does the trick for me for now.

Note: there are two bugs in the examples http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/jsr166ydocs/jsr166y/forkjoin/RecursiveAction.html

In the sumOfSquares example, the compute() method iterates while i < h :

       for (int i = l; i < h; ++i) // perform leftmost base step
       sum += array[i] * array[i];

Thus, the constructor call

   Applyer a = new Applyer(array, 0, n-1, seqSize, null);

should not subtract one from n:

   Applyer a = new Applyer(array, 0, n, seqSize, null);

Also, in Applyer in the javadoc

   int result;

should be

   double result;