[concurrency-interest] RFC -- Java7 java.util.concurrent plans

Osvaldo Pinali Doederlein osvaldo at visionnaire.com.br
Wed Dec 10 06:48:21 EST 2008

Kevin Bourrillion wrote:
> A ReferenceMap that lives outside java.util, without access to
> java.util internals, is forced to make this choice (either reimplement
> its own entire data structure, or discard a dummy instance on every
> query like ours does).  We chose one way and Jason chose the other,
> but I'd still like to think that neither horrible fate must be
> suffered for the JDK code.
Shouldnt't JSRs 277/294 (modules) fix that? I suppose that a lot of
package-private implementation artifacts could be promoted to
module-private, enabling higher code sharing across java.util and its
many subpackages and also across the entire Java SE APIs. And
differently from closures, these JSRs are something we can rely on, for
Java 7.

A+
Osvaldo