[concurrency-interest] RFC -- Java7 java.util.concurrent plans

Alex Miller alexdmiller at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 14:19:41 EST 2008

I'd vote with Bob.

I think having things in the concurrent package is a strong enough signal that the map itself is "concurrent".  I don't see why every class needs to repeat the "concurrent" as in java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentBeardTugger (maybe a future addition).

The only benefit I see of ReferenceHashMap over ReferenceMap is that the latter sounds like an interface in collections language and the former sounds more like implementation, which it is.  That's kind a weak enough argument that I'd be happy to take the shorter path.

Alex