[concurrency-interest] RFC -- Java7 java.util.concurrent plans

Kevin Bourrillion kevinb at google.com
Fri Dec 12 15:40:30 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Endre Stølsvik <Endre at stolsvik.com> wrote:

> ConcurrentReferenceHashMap is, to me, over the line; I
> > believe it would actually in practice be lesser-known and lesser-used for
> > its handicap of a name.
>
> "Lesser-known and lesser-used"?!

Yes.

I get what you're saying: your comments imply quite strongly that you don't
believe there is any such concept as "usability."  If a feature exists, then
people will use it, right?

But in my experience, usability matters -- a lot.  It is not only the
quality and utility of a feature, but also how appropriately that feature is
presented (from the *users'* perspective, not the authors'), that governs
how much that feature will pay off.

--
Kevin Bourrillion @ Google
internal:  go/javalibraries