[concurrency-interest] RFC -- Java7 java.util.concurrent plans

Bob Lee crazybob at crazybob.org
Fri Dec 12 16:29:51 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think ConcurrentReferenceMap is the best solution.  It combines
> consistency and clarity in their proper proportions.

As for consistency, only 33% of the collection types in the util.concurrent
package start with "Concurrent". As a rule, I think a type should start with
"Concurrent" if it conflicts with a type of the same name in a different
package (like HashMap and ConcurrentHashMap), but that isn't the case here.

Bob