[concurrency-interest] Matrix multiply with parallelized inner product

Hanson Char hanson.char at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:25:12 EST 2008

> "The only way I could see this approach being practical is when the number
> of processors greatly exceeds the number of columns in the result."
>
> I'd use RecursiveTask/Action instead if tempted to use nested PA calls.

If the number of processors greatly exceeds the number of columns,
would using nested PA calls be significantly faster than using
RecursiveTask/Action (in this case of matrix multiplication) ?

It would be nice to have further code snippet on the wiki to
illustrate the combination of the (non-nested) PA with
RecursiveTask/Action for the inner product, if doing so would lead to
a solution that can perform reasonably well regardless of the number
of processors.  Or maybe the "forkJoinMatrixMultiply" method is
already in general optimal ?

Hanson