[concurrency-interest] ParallelArray updates du jour

Peter Kovacs peter.kovacs.1.0rc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:25:16 EST 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 1:47 AM, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:

> For those playing along. (And if you are not, why not?! :-)

Hearing your friendly call, I started to try making sense of the fork/join
stuff and found that the only comprehensive source of information beyond the
very basics (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=166) is the draft API. I wonder
if there is any source of intermediary information available -- intermediary
between the terse mission statement in
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=166and the complex draft API --
explaining how the purpose stated in the
mission statement is met by the API and its implementation.

In more concrete terms: I feel I could make good use of a high-level
explanation of how the new API is helping me (the "concurrency dummy") solve
problems more easily and more safely than the already existing concurrency
infrastructure. (I am not even sure which is the head and which is the tail
of this API beast.)

Thanks
Peter