[concurrency-interest] ParallelArray updates du jour

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Mon Jan 21 08:09:51 EST 2008

> On Jan 18, 2008 1:47 AM, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:

> In more concrete terms: I feel I could make good use of a high-level
> explanation of how the new API is helping me (the "concurrency dummy")
> solve
> problems more easily and more safely than the already existing concurrency
> infrastructure.

As we've done for all JSR166 components, we've been developing trial
APIs and posting about them only on concurrency-interest list
to get help from a more manageable base of brave early users
before trying to commit to JDK. (The feedback we've gotten
from you folks over the years has been a big ingredient in
success!)

For forkjoin and its derivatives, we haven't done much so
far developing good high-level descriptions, usage examples,
and so on. We'd like your help on this too. Tim Peierls
just set up a wiki that we invite you all to use for
these kinds of contributions, at:
http://artisans-serverintellect-com.si-eioswww6.com/default.asp?W1

Everyone: Please do feel free to add advice, examples, proposed
documentation, or anything else along these lines.
(Thanks to David Biesack for suggesting we do this.)

-Doug