[concurrency-interest] thread queueing qn

Bob Lee crazybob at crazybob.org
Mon Jan 21 20:54:53 EST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 5:38 PM, Dhanji R. Prasanna <dhanji at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bob wont thread waiting give me FIFO semantics anyway?

Oops. I think you're right. I was thinking of wait()/notify(). Does this
statement from the JLS (
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/memory.doc.html) mean
that threads enter the synchronized block in FIFO fashion?

"With respect to a lock, the *lock* and *unlock* actions performed by all
the threads are performed in some total sequential order. This total order
must be consistent with the total order on the actions of each thread."

Bob