[concurrency-interest] Analyzing deadlocks

Ulrik Svensson u+jsr166 at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jan 29 14:34:48 EST 2008

Hi!

As some of you know, I'm developing a new open source tool named
JCarder for finding potential deadlocks in concurrent multi-threaded
Java programs. JCarder does this by instrumenting Java byte code
dynamically in runtime with ASM (i.e., it is not a tool for static
code analysis) and looking for cycles in the graph of acquired locks.
Cycles are visualized graphically with Graphviz.

I would love to get feedback from you on this list, and hear your
thoughts about how tools for analyzing concurrency issues in java
programs can be implemented?

Documentation, source and binaries are available here:
http://www.jcarder.org

/Ulrik Svensson, Sweden