[concurrency-interest] visibility vs. cache coherency

R Samuel Klatchko r.samuel.klatchko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 08:22:11 EDT 2008

Hi all-

I apologize if this has already been discussed on the list but there does
not appear to be a way to search the list archives.  I also did some
googling but could not find an answer.

I am confused about how visibility problems can occur in a cache coherent
system.  Do visibility problems only occur in non cache coherent
architectures?  Or can visibility problems still occur even with cache
coherence do to something that I don't yet understand.

Any help or pointers to documents will be appreciated.

samuel