[concurrency-interest] ParallelFloatArray

Mark Thornton mthornton at optrak.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 05:24:18 EDT 2008

Doug Lea wrote:
> There are some further discussions of this in the list archives.
> We wish we knew a good way out of this.

Extending generics to primitives would be a good way. It ought to be
possible in combination with reification (type available at runtime).
The JVM would then automatically generate those combinations which were
actually used by a process. I think this would offer greater
simplification of the fork-join package than the closure proposals.

Mark Thornton