[concurrency-interest] Machine reflection api?

Jim Andreou jim.andreou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:44:46 EDT 2009

Shouldn't there be an api that offered information such as cache line width,
cache sizes, and various other architectural traits? We only have is the
processor count up to now AFAIK. Is there any effort towards such a
direction? It would be very useful for developing cache-conscious software
in java. (I've seen people developing such software in C++ so all this
information must be available from somewhere).
Thanks,
Dimitris Andreou