[concurrency-interest] CopyOnWriteArrayList.setAll?

Sam Berlin sberlin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:45:15 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to emulate a CoW "set all" with CopyOnWriteArrayList?  The
goal is to make it impossible for someone to view the list in a state except
for where all the new items are added and all the old ones are removed.

It doesn't seem like it's possible (without restoring to blocking & copying
the data within the locks), but I may be missing something.  If I'm not
missing something, would setAll be a good candidate for inclusion into
CoWArrayList?

Sam