[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentLinkedQueue implementation

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Mon Apr 27 20:16:37 EDT 2009

Vishal Byakod wrote:
> Apologize for the proof reader's mistake.
>
> I would have wanted a ConcurrentLinkedDeque implementation as in my
> case I need to write an efficient API for handling client acknowledge
> calls in a JMS Provider.
>
> I am new to this post, can someone tell me if a ConcurrentLinkedDeque
> is being planned in the near future?

No; but one was planned in the near past :-)
ConcurrentLinkedDeque was put together as a candidate
for Java6. You can find it from the "jsr166x" links at
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/index.html
including source at
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jsr166/src/jsr166x/

This is reasonably well tested etc. The main reason for
deciding not to release is that its performance on
plain queue operations is not as good as others
like ConcurrentLinkedQueue so you'd only want to use it
when you need full Deque capabilities,
which is not common enough to justify inclusion in JDK.

But do please use it!

-Doug