[concurrency-interest] Task Queue ordering

Ken--@newsgroupstats.hk dragonken at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:32:06 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have a Task Queue (ArrayBlockingQueue) with single thread for client's
task processing. For same client, I  have to guarantee the ordering of task
results as I need the result of previous task to perform next task of the
same client. It's work for ArrayBlockQueue with single thread as it's always
FIFO.

My question is, how to enable multi threads (like ThreadPoolExecutor) for
queue but maintaining the ordering of same client's tasks? I tried
PriorityBlockingQueue but it just ensure tasks are started in order.

Any solution? Please help.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ken