[concurrency-interest] [Javamemorymodel-discussion] Fences.keepAlive

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Jan 22 07:29:08 EST 2009

Joe Bowbeer wrote:
> More related to keepAlive:
>
> 1. Names
>
>  I think one of the "until" names better conveys what it is trying to do.

I'm thinking we are veering back to just "keepAlive", but
with a bit more tutorial explanation that helps people make
sense of the name. I did another edit pass pulling the
usage example to class-level doc and explaining a bit more.
More suggestions for improvement would be welcome.

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/docs/java/util/concurrent/atomic/Fences.html

> 3. Concerning "strongly reachable" in the method description, should
> this link to "reachability" instead:

Yes, thanks. I was having trouble getting javadoc to emit that
package-doc URL rather than class doc URL, but now fixed.

-Doug