[concurrency-interest] [Javamemorymodel-discussion] Fences.keepAlive

Michael Bien mbien at fh-landshut.de
Thu Jan 22 10:13:28 EST 2009

has it already been considered to move the Fences.* API into a sun
package like Unsafe etc. or even into a external library (@see JDK7
modules)? I am still not convinced that it is necessary to introduce it
as public API ;)

I don't think Fences is a API which addresses mainstream problems. It is
probably rather a feature you would need inside libraries to solve
corner cases.

i hope you hide it well in javadoc to prevent overuse ;). I fear this
may cause more bad written code than help fixing corner cases...

regards,

michael