[concurrency-interest] Looking to extend the ThreadPoolExecutor in a JBoss environment

Tom Muldoon tom at firstbest.com
Tue Jan 27 16:21:30 EST 2009

I'm hoping to extend the edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor to override the beforeExecute and/or afterExecute methods (to ensure that the log4j NDC threadLocal is reinitialized) within a JBoss (4.2.2) environment. While extending the class is easy, I'm hoping that someone can shed a little light regarding just how to "tell" JBoss to use my implementation.  I unfortunately came up empty in my search of the JBoss forums (as well as the concurrency-interest archives).

Thanks, Tom