[concurrency-interest] LinkedBlockingDeque deadlock?

Ariel Weisberg ariel at weisberg.ws
Tue Jul 7 18:30:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I did a search on LinkedBlockingDeque and didn't find anything similar
to what I am seeing. Attached is the stack trace from an application
that is deadlocked with three threads waiting for 0x00002aaab3e91080
(threads "ExecutionSite: 26", "ExecutionSite:27", and "Network
Selector"). The execution sites are attempting to offer results to the
deque and the network thread is trying to poll for them using the
non-blocking version of poll. I am seeing the network thread never
return from poll (straight poll()). Do my eyes deceive me?

Thanks,

Ariel Weisberg