[concurrency-interest] Composing ForkJoin tasks

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Jul 22 14:54:29 EDT 2009

Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> The only obvious thing to me is to just provide something like the
> following
>
> public static boolean inForkJoinPool() {
>     return getPool() == null;
> }

Good idea; thanks; done. This allows adding
"(as may be determined using method {@link #inForkJoinPool})"
to javadocs for FJ-only methods, which should forestall some confusion.

While I'm at it:

We are planning for openjdk integration of jsr166y stuff soon.
So if any members of this list have been wanting to read through
documentation or code and offer suggestions, now (over the next
week) would be a great time to do it -- things are harder to
change once committed into JDK.

-Doug