[concurrency-interest] ConcurrentHashSet?

Christian Vest Hansen karmazilla at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:17:18 EDT 2009

I have on multiple occasions found myself wanting a ConcurrentHashSet
that is to ConcurrentHashMap as HashSet is to HashMap. Yet I find no
such class in java.util.concurrent.

Is this because ConcurrentSkipListSet and CopyOnWriteArraySet in
between them pretty much covers the ground for concurrent sets? I can
sort of intuit the performance pattern I can expect from
CopyOnWriteArraySet, but I an unsure about ConcurrentSkipListSet.
Also, I'm often not terribly interested in the contract that follows
use of a SortedSet.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.