[concurrency-interest] Why no blocking peek call for j.u.c.BQ?

Taylor Gautier tgautier at terracottatech.com
Wed Jun 17 18:51:42 EDT 2009

I think the issue I am thinking of is that there is no way to make a blocking call to be notified when the queue is non-empty, yet take no action - all of the blocking actions also atomically change the queue contents.

After asking this question, I read this bug report,

Where I think I agree with the reviewers comments - is there a real use case?

I am asking because someone is asking us (Terracotta) if there is a way to do a blocking peek on a Terracotta(ized) LinkedBlockingQueue.

I've pushed back on the the original poster why they need this functionality...