[concurrency-interest] Why no blocking peek call for j.u.c.BQ?

Jim Andreou jim.andreou at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 02:48:41 EDT 2009

I don't see this as a compelling use case, which can be summarized: "in
cases where there is only a single consumer, I could use a blocking peek
instead of having a variable". Use a variable already. :) The easiness of
this outweights the cost of having another method (somewhere...), which
people could call, creating race conditions (as mentioned) when someone
decides at some time that "perhaps it would be a good idea to add more
consumers for this queue".
Regards,

Dimitris