[concurrency-interest] Reason behind making execute method of SwingWorker as final ?

Joe Bowbeer joe.bowbeer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:00:10 EST 2009

Praveena,

I see your point.  For your purposes, it would be nice if you could supply
your own executor service, or even thread factory.  If only the
getWorkerExecutorService method was not private static...

Manually submitting the SwingWorker to a custom executor was the solution
envisioned by the designers.

See related discussion:

I suggest you contact Igor Kushnirskiy and/or whoever is currently
maintaining SwingWorker.

Joe