[concurrency-interest] A concurrent, linked HashMap impl

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon May 18 07:14:11 EDT 2009

I've implemented a concurrent, linked map-like structure [1] [2] based
on CHM-like array of segments for hash lookups and  Sundell and
Tsigas' "Lock-free deques and doubly linked lists" [3] for maintaining
the linked list.  The impl offers constant-time operation for put(),
get(), remove() and iteration.

I haven't implemented ConcurrentMap as my needs haven't dictated so,
but I can't see why this should not be possible.

Is there interest in a ConcurrentMap implementation based on what I
have done for JSR-166?

Cheers
Manik

[1] http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/Infinispan/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/container/FIFODataContainer.java?r=236