[concurrency-interest] jsr166y classes now in jdk7m5

Bob Lee crazybob at crazybob.org
Mon Nov 16 11:07:10 EST 2009

Alex,

I've been working on MapMaker full time for the past 2 weeks and do hope to
get it into JDK 7. It will have simple LRU-based (possibly combined w/
LFU-based) eviction. You won't be able to plug in custom eviction
algorithms, but it will make a for an effective, fast, concurrent,
general-purpose, in-memory cache that will improve upon soft references
without sacrificing ease of use. I liken it to LinkedHashMap.removeEldest().

I understand that the JDK 7 schedule is kind of up in the air at the moment,
but Doug and Martin are right--if MapMaker doesn't make it in, it's not the
end of the world. We can just continue to import Google Collections.

Bob