[concurrency-interest] [CPU Affinity] ThreadPoolExecutor to improve "O.S Scheduler" ?

Safe P. z8sbk at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 19 18:34:32 EST 2009

Hi,
I'm very new to concurrent programming and I couldn't find anywhere if this is an issue or just a limitation.

I'm running several instances of a java process like "process.sh & process.sh & process.sh ..." in an HP-UX that runs over a 12-core machine.

When I use sar, top, and other utilities I can see that HP-UX is using just 1 core. It doesn't manage to assign one processor per process.

Can I get this using ThreadPoolExecutor (like one System.Runtime.exec() per thread)?

Unfortunately, this machine is a production server so I can't get access to it in order to do some test and verify that, and of course, if this make a significant time improvement.

Thank you very much in advanced.
--Matias

      Yahoo! Cocina

http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/