[concurrency-interest] Concurrent Bidirectional Map

Dhanji R. Prasanna dhanji at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:28:28 EST 2009

Unfortunately, if you synchronize put() and remove() you lose the
concurrency benefits of CHM. All threads will serialize behind the put lock.
Also, in your implementation, in order for the bi-map-put to be perceived
atomically, you would have to synchronize the get method as well =(

It is an interesting use case, however.
my 2c.

Dhanji.