[concurrency-interest] InterruptedException-free wrappers for calls that "will never be interrupted"

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Apr 15 07:06:36 EDT 2010

On 04/14/10 13:11, Chris Povirk wrote:
> Given that failures are inevitable in an RPC system, a join() method
> without a checked exception is a non-starter for what I have in mind.

OK. It seems that you should proceed with a set of
wrappers that are specific to your RPC framework.

And given this, unless others think it is worthwhile, we don't
yet have enough motivation to introduce JoinableFuture. Some
of us like JoinableFuture as a nice conceptual bridge between
Future and ForkJoinTask, but that might not be a good enough
reason to add it. If anyone has a better rationale,
along with use cases, please let us know.

-Doug