[concurrency-interest] ForkJoin for Java5

Denys Geert gdenys at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 09:26:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

As far as I remember, there is no Java5 backport of FJ, because the performance degradation would be significant. I was wondering if anybody could quantify this.

We may be looking to backport FJ to Java5 to support a few customers that insist on Java5 for the time being. Having some reduced performance is acceptable, but it would be good to know what we can expect before taking on the backport.

If anybody has experience with this or can venture an educated guess, that would be very helpful. Also, what are the major dependencies on Java 6?

Thanks,
Geert.