[concurrency-interest] The need for a default ForkJoinPool

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Mon Aug 16 11:08:56 EDT 2010

Even if we don't establish a JDK-wide default ForkJoinPool,
I now see that, minimally, ForkJoinPool should be a better
citizen when used by others as a global default, by (very) slowly
shedding resources (mainly worker threads) when it is not used.
So expect a CVS update very soon that does this. While this
might not be a good final answer, it enables the choice to
establish global defaults at some point to be a matter of policy,
not implementation.

-Doug