[concurrency-interest] The need for a default ForkJoinPool

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Mon Aug 16 13:32:12 EDT 2010

It seems like there should be a default to use which falls out of the context of
the executing thread too.  Using a ThreadLocal, as here, helps to keep previous
'knowledge" of the pool intact for subsequent uses without all the burden of
maintaining all the context necessary for every point of execution to know what
the previous did.

Gregg Wonderly