[concurrency-interest] Starting a Thread within a constructor, what can go wrong?

Marco Villalobos mvillalobos at kineteque.com
Fri Dec 10 22:29:17 EST 2010

I am for the best practice of NOT starting a thread within a constructor.

I also have shown that if I follow a bad practice by starting a thread
within a constructor then it is safe under simple circumstances (as
David Holmes mentioned in his second reply).

However, what I am seeking to do is provide an example that proves
that is NOT safe (even if it is the last statement in a constructor).

I appreciate everybody's help, I'll publish my results and test cases
with an outside link soon.

Again, thank you for all the help.