[concurrency-interest] Doug Lea and Tim Peierls depart from JCP

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Dec 16 10:49:18 EST 2010

On 12/15/10 23:42, Victor Grazi wrote:
> Off topic, my apologies in advance.

Here's a shot at briefly addressing only the part of the
current weird Java politics that is barely not off-topic :-)

We continue to develop open source code that is regularly integrated
into OpenJDK, Android, and runtimes for other languages running
on VMs. However, I am not participating in the JCP Executive
Committee because there is no possibility within JCP to develop
open, independently implementable specifications and standards
(as opposed to code). If there were a body supporting open
development of specs related to Java concurrency, I would
probably participate.

-Doug