[concurrency-interest] Review for CR 6728865 : Improved heuristics for Collections.disjoint() [updated]

Gregg Wonderly gregg at cytetech.com
Wed Dec 22 10:34:14 EST 2010

On 12/22/2010 9:10 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> On 12/22/10 03:07 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:
>> On 12/22/2010 02:45 PM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
>>> Have we thought about catching/swallowing these exceptions?
>>
>> What do you want to do in the catch block ?
>
> Would it make sense to simply swallow the exception ( do nothing ) and continue
> with the next element? Clearly if contains() throws and Exception then the
> collection does not contain the given element?

It seems that Logger use here might be useful.  A FINE level log of the stack
trace would allow the user to discover why the failure/success return was not as
they expected.  From some perspectives, I'd be tempted to log at WARNING for
myself as this does represent an unexpected, yet non-fatal condition in the
software.

Gregg Wonderly