[concurrency-interest] ThreadPoolExecutor not shutting down

Dibyendu Majumdar concurrency-interest at majumdar.org.uk
Thu Mar 18 18:05:34 EDT 2010

I am running Java 1.5 on Mac OS X Tiger - and I think that the
ThreadPoolExecutor code is a very old version. The pool is not shutting
down; by running through the debugger I can see that all idle threads are
blocked on a queue, and the shutdown sequence does not interrupt idle
threads.
Is there any way I can run a more up-to-date version with Java 1.5?
Is there a known workaround to this issue?

Many thanks

Regards
Dibyendu