[concurrency-interest] Thread Stack Size and Thread Local Data

Ramesh Mandaleeka ramesh.mandaleeka at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:53:28 EDT 2010

Hi,

May be not directly related to concurrency. But here is my question:

What is the default size of the Thread Stack and Thead Local Data. Does it
depend on OS? When I did ulimit command on my server I see stack size. Does
this related to Thread Stack in Java.

*ulimit -a
*
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 532480
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
*stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240*
max user processes              (-u) 532480

Regards,
Ramesh