[concurrency-interest] Thread Stack Size and Thread Local Data

David Holmes davidcholmes at aapt.net.au
Tue Mar 23 18:32:48 EDT 2010

Hi Ramesh,

The default Java thread stack size is platform specific but can be set with -Xss parameter on JVM startup (or can be set for individual threads via their constructor). This stack size is not related to that seen in ulimit because the VM explicitly sets the stack size when native threads are created.

As for "Thread Local Data" I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.

HTH

David Holmes