[concurrency-interest] java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor does not execute jobs in some cases

Ashwin Jayaprakash ashwin.jayaprakash at gmail.com
Sat May 8 14:33:26 EDT 2010

This is an old email, but I found out today that there were still strange
problems on JDK 6_18 related to this coreThread count.

Even with coreThreads=maxThreads, some pools would never start and would
never process any job. The solution required calling
prestartAllCoreThreads(). I will investigate more later, but for anyone else
facing this problem it will help. Calling just prestartCoreThread() might
also work, but I haven't tried.

Ashwin.