[concurrency-interest] Openjdk/jsr166y sync

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Thu Sep 9 07:34:17 EDT 2010

Coincident with updated JDK plans (see
http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/rethinking_jdk7) we are
about to resync jsr166y classes (ForkJoin, TransferQueue, Phaser)
with openjdk versions). We will also finally release into jdk
ConcurrentLinkedDeque that had been triaged out jsr166x
vs JDK6 four years ago for algorithmic/performance reasons
which we (mainly Martin) have since addressed.

These incorporate the simplifications we did for
jsr66y versions of APIs in June (for example, dropping helpJoin()).
Also, Martin Buchholz, David Holmes, and Chris Hegarty
helped review and fix/improve things for this integration.

The versions in jsr166y, those in our JDK-ready j.u.c CVS,
those in openjdk j.u.c, and those in Oracle jdk7 binary
snapshots should soon (probably within a few weeks?) all
be in sync. Any of you re-distributing jsr166y versions
in other languages/packages might also want to sync up now.

As always, you can get to our versions via
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/concurrency-interest/index.html

In particular, the jsr166y versions:
# API specs:  http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/jsr166ydocs/
# jar file: http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/jsr166/dist/jsr166y.jar (compiled using