[concurrency-interest] Fast control transfer from one thread to another?

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Tue Aug 9 14:22:48 EDT 2011

2011/8/9 √iktor Ҡlang <viktor.klang at gmail.com>:
> Scala has a CPS transformation compiler plugin. In Akka we've implemented
> our Dataflow API using that:

Because Ruby is dynamically-dispatched, we can't see what methods
might be used downstream from a Fiber. We'd have to instrument or CPS
transform every called-through method in JRuby.

The Scala trick is cute, but only works where you can statically
determine downstream calls and transform them.

JVM really needs a general-purpose coroutine capability.

- Charlie