[concurrency-interest] LongAdder in JDK?

Adrian Tarau adrian.tarau at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:00:46 EST 2011

This chart shows you why you should use JDK classes before thinking you
can outsmart the default implementations :)
StrippedAtomicLong is my naive implementation of a LongAdder using a
fixed number of AtomicLong instances and the masked thread id as the
index(using 64 AtomicLongs - best performance, increasing this number
doesn't help for maximum 20 threads).

This chart was created using Caliper <http://code.google.com/p/caliper>.