[concurrency-interest] Visualize parallelism

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:10:57 EST 2011

On 02/16/11 01:52, Mohan Radhakrishnan wrote:
> What is the recommended way to visualize how the FJ API’s parallelism is able to
> use different cores ? Is there a Windows tool for visualizing it at that level ?
>
> Is any tool like this used by the team to test the API ?

For most purposes, the best visual tool is just something
that displays per-core CPU activity with a reasonably high
refresh rate. On Linux and Solaris I use "perfbar" --
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/code/
But these days there are a lot of options across platforms,
as googling "cpu core meter" and the like shows.

-Doug