[concurrency-interest] Timer notification drifts

Mark Thornton mthornton at optrak.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 03:33:41 EST 2011

On 10/01/2011 23:12, David Holmes wrote:
> I believe you need root access to check the clocksource (unless default
> perms are modified):
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
>
> to see what's available, and
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
>
> to see what is in use.

For information this is what I get on Ubuntu Server 10.04.1 (default
configuration):

~$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm
~$ cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc

I didn't need any special permission. The CPU is a dual core Athlon.

The results on Fedora (quad core xeon) are the same.

Mark Thornton