[concurrency-interest] j.u.c.Phaser tutorial?

Ashwin Jayaprakash ashwin.jayaprakash at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 15:41:03 EDT 2011

Victor, thanks for telling me about your animated framework (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/javaconcurrenta/)

It was useful. I learned later that the arriveAndDeregister() method makes
sense only when you create a hierarchy of phasers which you have not
illustrated - so it looks just like arrive().

Still, nice work!

Off topic - about "Animated concurrent":
Another pointer - the UI for Executors is confusing. All the screens have a
"threadcount" spinner which is not very intuitive for showing
singleThreadedExecutor, cached.. etc. Is that for submitting threads or
pooled threads?